Providers of passenger coaches in Darlington.
May 12th 1821 the S&DR Co met at the house of Richard Scott, innkeeper of Darlington, and elected a new committee, with Mr. Meynell continuing as chairman. £5 p.a was authorised to be spent on the hire of two rooms in Darlington Market Place (9 High Row) as offices, and at the meeting which confirmed this (25th May 1821), the committee approved the design for a seal, proposed by Rev. Daniel Peacock. (Kirby 1975, 5)